Thursday, March 20, 2014

Quick and Pretty Bake Sale Labels




Tomorrow is a bake sale for my husband's group (the Medical Group).  He requested banana bread and even offered to bake it himself.  I offered to do it for him.  So before I had breakfast I whipped up some dough and got it going in the oven.  I wanted it done before we were out of the house for the day.  Now I have a little bit of time before I head back out for an exciting evening of Designer Bag Bingo at the Air Base Club.  My oldest is at the neighbors playing and the baby is napping.  So I began to think about labeling my banana bread.  Should I pull out some cardstock, design, and print labels on the printer?  Pull out the Cricut, cardstock, and find a cartridge to cut out labels?  Or, maybe hand write something?  I decided I need to do something fast but handwriting is just too simple for what I consider an already boring bake sale item (who buys the banana bread at the bake sale?  I want the fancy treats and beautiful designs that I do not make all too often - but look at me, I need not complain because the banana bread was easy!).  So I pulled out some items and made those labels in five minutes.  Seriously. 

Here is what I used to make the labels:
            • Avery 2"x4" White Mailing Labels (8163 - link to Amazon)
            • Slate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2173)
            • Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2105)
            • Baroque Borders My Acrylix Stamps (S1208)
            • You Are My Happy Alphabet Acrylix Stamps (CC1025)
            • 3"x3" My Acrylix Blocks (Y1006)
            • 4"x5" My Acrylix Blocks (Y1012)
            • My Acrylix Stamp Scrubber (Z1782)
            • My Acryliz Spritz Cleaner (1778)
I used these items because that is what I had on hand :)  I am sure that you can get a similar result with another patterned background on white paper of another size label, etc.  I took the Baroque Borders stamps and inked them in the Slate, stamping two labels at a time, to make the background.  I then used the 'You Are My Happy Alphabet' stamps inked in Black to spell out "Banana Bread".  The clear My Acrylix Blocks made it super easy to line up the 'a' and 'n' as I reused them (there are only one lowercase and uppercase of each letter and three 'a's and two 'n's in Banana).  To make it quick, I stamped 'Ban' in about the same spot on all of my labels, then 'an' and then 'a'.  I was then able to stamp 'Bread'.  And voila! The labels were peeled and stuck to the banana bread.  

Clean up was also super quick because I used the My Acrylix Spritz Cleaner and Scrubber to clean the stamps and put them away right at my craft table without running to the bathroom sink.

Phew, doing this 'how to' post definitely took MUCH longer than getting the work done.  I hope you are inspired to make your own beautiful and quick labels now.  Do not settle for the one minute handwriting when you can have the really pretty five minute stamped labels.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think or what you have done for labeling your baked goods.

Come back April 1 for the Damask Divas Ariana Blog Hop.  You will be inspired and love this paper!  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment